SALE

Slide 1

Click Here

Slide 1

CLICK HERE

Slide 1

Click Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario DaCosta : (19 October 2014 - 07:39 PM) Greg email me I know what you can use for backs and sides
@  Mario DaCosta : (19 October 2014 - 07:35 PM) Donavon smoked bananas they call him mellow yella
@  JasonMoe : (19 October 2014 - 05:54 PM) I never got around to it. Maybe tomorrow if I make a fire. I have to amny other things to tackle around here.
@  Nelson Guitars : (19 October 2014 - 05:45 PM) Smoked tops? Michi did it with gunpowder
@  Gregorio : (19 October 2014 - 05:32 AM) No need for name calling Mario
@  Mario DaCosta : (19 October 2014 - 04:55 AM) Spucrers

Photo
- - - - -

New neck jig

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bobalou

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

I bought a new neck jig last week, and it arrived today.
http://www.jsimpsonguitars.com/
I was going to build a Woolson neck jig, but this one refines the Woolson jig, and is smaller.
Take a look at the neck jig video.

Bobalou

#2 Bertbart

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

Jon's my buddy. I have one too and it works great.

#3 Flarda

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

That is pretty kool Boba. I might have to look into one of those. Let me know how it works.

#4 Rick Dingman

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

i bought one a couple months ago, cant wait to try it!

#5 Giltzow

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hi Bobalou

I have one of the earlier models that I bought when he first started selling them. I wasn't really very happy with the way it worked. I have made alot of refinements and changes to the original and have it working fairly well but his latest looks much more refined and looks like it will do a very nice job. Let me know how it works; I hate to buy the same jig twice but I might if the results are good enough. - Mike

#6 Bertbart

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hey Mike,

You might try asking Jon if he would up-date your jig if you sent it to him. He's a super nice guy and probably would help you out. It wouldn't hurt to get in touch with him and just ask.

I would never give my jig up and I'll never go back to the way I did it before. If you just follow the instructions and take the time to set it up properly it's a fool proof way to set the neck. I love mine.

#7 Giltzow

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

Hi BertBart

I'll drop him an email and see if he's interested in selling an update. Didn't mean to bad mouth Jon, even my 'earlier model' works better than anything else I've tried. The new model just looks like it will work better than my old one - Mike

#8 Schreiner Guitars

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

I can't seem to be able to view the neck jig on any of my computers. Anyone else have that problem?

Also when I open this site (Luthierforum.com)it says "Stack Overflow at line: 0" Does this happen to everyone?

Also, a friend wants to know how to tell his wife she's getting fat?

Michael

Edited by Michael Schreiner, 07 July 2010 - 10:21 AM.

#9 Bobalou

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

Michael

Jon's site was down for a few days after I posted the site address, but it is back up.
As for your friend, I would advise him to speak with a divorce attorney before,
rather than after broaching the subject of his wife's weight with her. :lol: :lol: :P It might save him some money.

Bobalou

#10 Bertbart

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

I can't seem to be able to view the neck jig on any of my computers. Anyone else have that problem?

Also when I open this site (Luthierforum.com)it says "Stack Overflow at line: 0" Does this happen to everyone?

Also, a friend wants to know how to tell his wife she's getting fat?

Michael

I had trouble too. Did you see the video tutorial of how the system works? That part was up and running for me.

When I open the site I too get that message.

When his wife asks, "How do I look in this dress?"

He could answer, you'd look better with an apple in your mouth with a glaze of brown sugar and cloves you pork pie."

#11 Giltzow

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

Buy her the new Jim Morris CD and see if she gets the idea all by herself
Jim Morris has a new song on that CD with the following -
"that dress doesn't make your butt look fat at all
but your enormous ass sure makes that dress look small"

Sorry if I offended anyone. There is no sane or safe way to tell her, besides she already knows - Mike

#12 Giltzow

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

Hey Mike,

You might try asking Jon if he would up-date your jig if you sent it to him. He's a super nice guy and probably would help you out. It wouldn't hurt to get in touch with him and just ask.

I would never give my jig up and I'll never go back to the way I did it before. If you just follow the instructions and take the time to set it up properly it's a fool proof way to set the neck. I love mine.

Hi Bertbart

I contacted Jon and he gave me a price for an update. Very reasonable price and quite nice of him to do it for me. So I'll be trying the jig on my next build - Mike

#13 Bertbart

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:47 AM

Mike,

It doesn't surprise me that Jon would do that for you; I figured he would. He's a good guy.

Bert

#14 Mikemvg

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

Guys
Thanks for all the info in this post. This forum is a wealth of information. I have been contemplating some kind of a jig for cutting neck tenons and setting the neck. This looks like a nice solution at a reasonable cost.

Just ordered one from Jon

Will let you know how it works out on my next build.

Mike

#15 ThePublic

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

I thought the most effective way was to say, "no honey, I just want to always have sex doggy style so I don't feel your tummy hit mine" But then again I am a bit of a bastard...(but married for 10 years this March)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com