• Announcements

• mario

Live Auctions Every Saturday 2 pm to 7 pm Pacific

Visit the Chatroom on the Forum Header to join the Sale
      2pm to 7pm Saturday
      Pacific time
      Great deal Live video feed for you to view the wood.Payments must be received with in 24 hours after invoiced. We will hold wood thats been paid for. There is no other option. mario
kp_axis

Looking for Strumstick or Dulcimer Stick Plans

6 posts in this topic

Hello gang,

Does anyone have or know where to obtain a set of plans to build a Strums Stick or Dulcimer Stick? Thanks

Dave

Hey, Dave;

PM Steve Stevens - Last I checked, he owns a strumstick and might be able to he'p out!

E

a set of plans to build a Strums Stick or Dulcimer Stick? Thanks

Dave

Well bless you Dave,

Your a man after my own heart.

So you wanna build a strumstick...easy

My I suggest you go here Take a look at post #5 in in the thread. It has a pic of what the necks look like befor bending. The piece thats cut out to form the wishbone is used to make a one piece solid end block.

Further on in the thread you will find pics on the jig I use to bend the sides and glue in the end block.

I call them Kootenay Mountain Dulcimers, basicly they are a highly glorified strumstick or wishbone construction dulcimers.

If you wish to build the most simples model of a strumstick, I willl be glad to walk you thru the process

with pics. and notes and could knock out a fast drawing for you...Provided that you have some wood working skills, you will be able to follow it... they are really simple to build.

So to start, go get a stick of wood like a piece of tight grained cedar or birch or what ever you can get

thats 34" x 1.25" x 1.75" and a 3 ply door skin for the top and back and a piece of hardwood thats 18" x 1.5 x 3/8" for the fret board. Some glue and a set of very inexpensive Ping tuners about $10 to $14. Some fret wire, about 2 feet and 3 strings a 12, a 24 and a 36 guage will work nicely and then get back to me on this thread or pm me and I will post some drawings for you.

Blessings

the

Padma

Hey, Dave;

PM Steve Stevens - Last I checked, he owns a strumstick and might be able to he'p out!

E

But this is a good thread for some of us; please let us know what you find out from Steve.

Jim

Holy Cow Padma,

I could spend all week reading that thread you sent me too. And I will. Tons of information and pictures. Thank you. I'm sure I'll PM you with details.

Oh yes, and by the way, we're neighbors. I'm just south of the border from you, maybe 50 miles or less. I think....

Maybe one weekend we can trade notes over a beer or coffee.

Dave

Maybe one weekend we can trade notes over a beer or coffee.

Dave

Sounds good to me.

the

Padma