Click to Enter Chat

Slide 1

Click Here

Slide 1

Click to Enter Chat

Slide 1

Click Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  JasonMoe : (17 December 2014 - 07:31 PM) Getting your wood ready for Saturday Mario?

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for Strumstick or Dulcimer Stick Plans

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kp_axis

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hello gang,
Does anyone have or know where to obtain a set of plans to build a Strums Stick or Dulcimer Stick? Thanks
Dave

#2 Guest_Urban Sludgewater_*

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hey, Dave;

PM Steve Stevens - Last I checked, he owns a strumstick and might be able to he'p out!

E

#3 the Padma

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(kp_axis @ Jan 2 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a set of plans to build a Strums Stick or Dulcimer Stick? Thanks
Dave

Well bless you Dave,

Your a man after my own heart.

So you wanna build a strumstick...easy

My I suggest you go here Take a look at post #5 in in the thread. It has a pic of what the necks look like befor bending. The piece thats cut out to form the wishbone is used to make a one piece solid end block.

Further on in the thread you will find pics on the jig I use to bend the sides and glue in the end block.

I call them Kootenay Mountain Dulcimers, basicly they are a highly glorified strumstick or wishbone construction dulcimers.

If you wish to build the most simples model of a strumstick, I willl be glad to walk you thru the process
with pics. and notes and could knock out a fast drawing for you...Provided that you have some wood working skills, you will be able to follow it... they are really simple to build.

So to start, go get a stick of wood like a piece of tight grained cedar or birch or what ever you can get
thats 34" x 1.25" x 1.75" and a 3 ply door skin for the top and back and a piece of hardwood thats 18" x 1.5 x 3/8" for the fret board. Some glue and a set of very inexpensive Ping tuners about $10 to $14. Some fret wire, about 2 feet and 3 strings a 12, a 24 and a 36 guage will work nicely and then get back to me on this thread or pm me and I will post some drawings for you.

Blessings
the
Padma

#4 Jim

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Urban Sludgewater @ Jan 2 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, Dave;

PM Steve Stevens - Last I checked, he owns a strumstick and might be able to he'p out!

E

But this is a good thread for some of us; please let us know what you find out from Steve.

Jim

#5 kp_axis

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Holy Cow Padma,
I could spend all week reading that thread you sent me too. And I will. Tons of information and pictures. Thank you. I'm sure I'll PM you with details.

Oh yes, and by the way, we're neighbors. I'm just south of the border from you, maybe 50 miles or less. I think....
Maybe one weekend we can trade notes over a beer or coffee.

Dave

#6 the Padma

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(kp_axis @ Jan 2 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe one weekend we can trade notes over a beer or coffee.

Dave

Sounds good to me.

the
Padma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com