Click to Enter Chat

Slide 1

Click Here

Slide 1

Click to Enter Chat

Slide 1

Click Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario DaCosta : (25 December 2014 - 05:12 PM) and very Merry Christmas to all
@  SheriDiane : (25 December 2014 - 07:10 AM) Merry Christmas everyone!
@  MortUK : (25 December 2014 - 01:52 AM) She got me the Making an archtop guitar, Benedetto book, yippee
@  MortUK : (25 December 2014 - 01:50 AM) Festive Greetings to all on the forum.

Photo
- - - - -

Quilted mahogany sets from "The Tree" for sale>

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jack briggs

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hi fellow builders,

The taxman cometh, so I have 1 set of superb quilted mahogany from "the tree". Many of you know the story so I won't go into it. If not, Google "mahogany the tree" and you'll get a ton of info.

This set has been with me in board form for almost a decade - just resawn this week. Pieces have been abrasive planed with 180 grit to about .130" thick. There are a couple light sander burn marks that don't show up under solvent, but these will need finish sanding, anyway.The back halves were left full length for the builder to choose placement on the material. sides are 32"+ x 5 1/8". Backs are 8 3/4" wide x 30-33" long. Big enough for dread, for sure. Sets have been wiped with solvent for pics.

$1800:

setA3.jpg

setA5.jpg

I prefer either check or money order for payment. I will cover insured shipping conus. Alaska or Hawaii will be more. If you want to use PayPal, okay if you split fees with me. Please email the addy below if interested.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Jack Briggs

Briggs Guitars

info@briggsguitars.com

Edited by jack briggs, 20 September 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#2 Nelson Guitars

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

I remember that log as it passed through Hand Loggers yard.  I saw a few finished pieces made by local artisans but never got to work with it myself.  Amazing tree.

#3 Hesh

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

I've got a couple sets squirreled away and the stuff is indeed very beautiful!

Jack just wanted to say hello and let you know that I checked out your guitars on your site and am impressed!  Really nice work!

#4 jack briggs

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

I've got a couple sets squirreled away and the stuff is indeed very beautiful!

Jack just wanted to say hello and let you know that I checked out your guitars on your site and am impressed!  Really nice work!

Thanks, Hesh!

Cheers,

#5 jack briggs

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Still have this set @$1800.

Cheers,

#6 Stephen Stevens Guitars

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Pretty wood but that stuff is priced way out of my ball park.

My average flat top guitar doesn't sell for more that the price of one set.

Guess I will need to leave that set for people building for the art market.

I would rather make a beautifully constructed guitar that sounds wonderful and sell it at a reasonable price to people making music.

Pretty guitars don't always sound or play better.

If someone is going to build with an $1,800 back and side set they need to use a $1,000 spruce top.

I am sure Mario can furnish several tops that fill the bill.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com